What is Zinc Oxide Used for?
The spread of the novel coronavirus is taking a direct hit on the operations of airlines in Asia. About 500,000 flights taking off and landing in mainland China have been canceled since January, according to aviation information company Cerium. Tourists and business trips have plummeted. On the booking website, there are a large number of air tickets for local routes with a price reduction of nearly 90% compared with the original price and only tens of yuan for a one-way trip.
In February, China's aviation industry recorded its largest single-month loss of 24.59 billion yuan, of which airlines lost 20.96 billion yuan.
Data from the Civil Aviation Administration of China showed that in February, the number of passengers traveling by air fell 84.5% year-on-year to 8.34 million.
The stagnation of the Asian aviation industry has brought volatility to zinc oxide.
1. ZnO is used as reinforcing agent and active agent in rubber or cable industry, as colorant and filler of white rubber, and as vulcanizing agent in neoprene rubber.
2. Zinc oxide for rubber is used to make high-speed wear-resistant rubber products, such as aircraft tires, radial tires for high-end cars, and so on.
3. Due to its good pigment properties, ZnO is widely used in the paint industry, especially antirust paint and primer, sometimes up to 30%, and the demand for zinc oxide in inorganic paint and latex paint is increasing day by day.
4. As a petroleum product additive, zinc oxide is an indispensable antioxidant, anti-corrosion and anti-wear multi-effect compound additive in lubricating oil, accounting for about 10-15% of the consumption of all kinds of additives.
5. It is widely used in the deep desulphurization and purification process of industrial feedstock gas and oil such as synthetic ammonia, methanol and hydrogen production.
6. The addition of zinc oxide to glass can increase transparency, brightness and resistance to tension deformation, reduce the coefficient of thermal expansion, and play a new role in optical glass, electric glass and low melting point glass.
7. In the electronic industry, zinc oxide is mainly used to manufacture the magnetic material ferrite of electronic structural components, which is used in TV sets, electrical communication devices, rheostat and so on.
8. In the ceramic industry, zinc oxide is widely used in the translucent glaze of brick and tile glaze and rough pottery and the transparent coarse post-glaze mature glaze of craft tableware. Can be used as flux, opacifying agent, crystallization agent, used in the production of diamond blue glaze can also be used as ceramic pigments.
9. In the plastic industry, zinc oxide used as ultraviolet stabilizer can improve the atmosphere resistance of polyethylene, and the zinc resin prepared by the reaction of resin acid and zinc oxide can be used to produce quick-drying oil. Many reactions of zinc, such as zinc chloride, zinc sulfide, Lithopone, zinc acetate, zinc chromium yellow, zinc nitrate, zinc borate, etc., are prepared by using zinc oxide as the basic raw material.
10. It can be used in varistor industry, lightning arrester industry and magnetic material industry.
11. It can be used as white pigment instead of titanium dioxide. At the same time, it has a certain degree of electrical conductivity, which can be used in situations where antistatic or conductivity is needed. It also has the efficacy of shielding ultraviolet light, anti-mildew and sterilization, and improves the performance of the coating containing carboxyl group resin. Can be used in container paint.
12. Used as a matrix for analytical reagents, reference reagents, fluorescent agents and photosensitive materials.
13. In the copying industry, it can be used as electrostatic wet copying, dry transfer, laser facsimile communication, electronic computer electrostatic recording and electrostatic plate making files.
14. In the pharmaceutical industry, it is used as an astringent, as an ointment or plaster.
15. In addition, zinc oxide is also used in matches, fireworks, smoke bombs, optics, photography, batteries, aerospace, ammonium nitrate, cigarette filters and so on.
Zinc Oxide Price
The price is influenced by many factors including the supply and demand in the market, industry trends, economic activity, market sentiment, and unexpected events.
If you are looking for the latest zinc oxide powder price, you can send us your inquiry for a quote. (email@example.com)
Zinc Oxide Supplier
RBOSCHCO is a trusted global chemical material supplier&manufacturer with over 12-year-experience in providing super high-quality chemicals and nanomaterials. The company export to many countries including the USA, Canada, Europe, UAE, South Africa, Tanzania, Kenya, Egypt, Nigeria, Cameroon, Uganda, Turkey, Mexico, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Brazil, Chile, Dubai, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia, Germany, France, Italy, Portugal, etc.
As a leading nanotechnology development manufacturer, RBOSCHCO dominates the market. Our professional work team provides perfect solutions to help improve the efficiency of various industries, create value, and easily cope with various challenges.
If you are looking for zinc oxide ZnO powder, please send an email. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic not only had a significant impact on public health, it also severely affected one of the linchpins of the global economy – the tourism industry. As many countries introduced curfews and travel restrictions to contain the spread of the virus, travel across the world significantly declined from early 2020 onwards. The financial repercussions of the coronavirus have already begun to manifest themselves within the tourism industry. In 2020, global revenue from the travel and tourism industry was estimated to drop from a forecasted 711.94 billion U.S. dollars to 568.6 billion U.S. dollars, representing a decrease of over 20 percent. The region predicted to see the highest decline in revenue was Europe, decreasing from 211.97 billion U.S. dollars in 2019 to roughly 124 billion U.S. dollars in 2020.
The downturn in tourism has caused the recession, and the weakening of the economy has also affected the market demand for zinc oxide. Recently, however, the demand for zinc oxide has increased, so contact us for the latest news on zinc oxide.