How to Produce Magnesium Nitride
If you are looking for high-quality products, please feel free to contact us and send an inquiry, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Magnesium Nitride?
Magnesium nitride, is a not natural substance with the chemical formula Mg3N2. It belongs to the cubic crystal system. At room temperature level, pure magnesium nitride is a yellow-green powder, yet magnesium nitride including a portion of magnesium oxide contaminations is grayish white.
The molar mass of magnesium nitride is 100.95 g/mol. Its thickness is 2.712 g/cm3. Magnesium nitride is totally dissolved in acid as well as water, however partially liquified in ether and ethanol.
The melting factor of magnesium nitride is 1500 levels. Magnesium nitride, like several metal nitrides, responds with water to create ammonia. Typically used as a catalyst. Respond with acid or aqueous nonmetallic oxides to develop ammonium salts and magnesium salts.
Magnesium nitride is ceramic in nature. Magnesium nitride has high corrosion resistance and also significantly improves production effectiveness. Magnesium nitride likewise has high thermal conductivity, in addition to high deterioration resistance and temperature level resistance. Magnesium nitride has an additional excellent value because it is utilized as a driver for the synthesis of boron nitrogen.
What is Magnesium Nitride Used For?
1. Made use of as a catalyst when prepare the nitride of various other aspects with high hardness, high thermal conductivity, deterioration resistance, wear resistance and also heat resistance. In the very first effective synthesis of cubic boron nitride, the driver was magnesium nitride.
2. Made use of for high stamina steel smelting ingredients. Magnesium nitride (Mg3N2) changes desulphurized magnesium in building and construction steel smelting, which is advantageous to enhance the density, toughness, stress as well as birthing pressure of steel. In addition, the use of magnesium nitride (Mg3N2) desulfurization, can reduce the amount of other ingredients, hence helping to decrease the manufacturing price of building and construction steel;
3. Used to prepare special ceramic products;
4. For the manufacture of special alloy foaming agent;
5. For making special glass;
6. For catalytic polymer crosslinking;
7. For the recycling of hazardous waste;
How to Produce Magnesium Nitride?
Currently, the main preparation approaches of magnesium nitride include straight response technique of magnesium powder with nitrogen, reaction technique of magnesium with nitrogen in nitrogen plasma flow, magnesium coil surge approach in nitrogen environment, low pressure chemical gas complementary product method, self-propagating high temperature synthesis approach, nano magnesium nitride synthesis technique, etc.
Just Recently, G. Soto et al. ready amorphous magnesium nitride movies with different Mg ∶ N proportions on Si substrates in a molecular nitrogen atmosphere by pulse laser deposition. These methods limit their industrial manufacturing due to high price, long process, complex equipment operation, or reduced yield of magnesium nitride.
Although the direct reaction of magnesium powder with nitrogen has commercial value, the manufacturing of magnesium nitride powder requires higher response temperature and longer response time, and also the shape of particles is insufficient and very easy to agglomerate, which can not meet the requirements of industrial quality. NH3 can be decomposed right into N- with damaged bonds more conveniently than N2, as well as the decayed H2 can hinder the development of MgO, so ammonia gas can be made use of as the nitrogen resource. Chen Faqin et al. used liquid ammonia as nitrogen resource to prepare magnesium nitride powder by direct nitriding of magnesium powder. The complying with conclusions might be drawn: Through thermodynamic evaluation, liquid ammonia can respond with magnesium powder extra conveniently than nitrogen to prepare magnesium nitride; High top quality magnesium nitride powder with high purity as well as consistent powder bits can be prepared at 600 ℃ as well as ammonia ambience for 1h, then heated up to 800 ℃, ammonia circulation price of 500ml/min and also nitriding time of 1h.
Magnesium Nitride Mg3N2 Powder Supplier
Modern Technology Co. Ltd. is a relied on worldwide chemical material provider & maker with over 12-year-experience in supplying extremely top notch chemicals and also nanomaterials, including silicon powder, nitride powder, graphite powder, zinc sulfide, calcium nitride, 3D printing powder, and so on.
If you are trying to find top quality Mg3N2 powder, please do not hesitate to call us as well as send an inquiry. (email@example.com)